Sunday, 4 December 2011

Uneasing

I learned of yet another death today - a woman I knew from the Sacred Song group I go to once a month, died of cancer in November. I hadn't known. We sang and remembered her gently. She leaves a stroke-affected wheelchair-bound husband. What with the old school friend's brother, two friends' fathers, one friend's mother, a colleague's husband and a friend's grandchild (a late miscarriage), this feels like the greatest concentration of deaths in one short period I can ever remember, albeit none of them affecting me immediately. Uneasing, and I dreamed the school friend's brother was murdered and last night that bears came in and were trying to maul L, until someone shot one of them dead, a scarlet hole in its furry breast.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Dark shadows flickering around the edges. Odd it was bears.

Marcheline said...

It's November... yep.