And there will be other things. The map wearing out at the creases. The summer dying a quiet death, having had a quiet wet life. We are here. Still here, listening to Patti Smith who entirely miraculously comes to grace our tiny gig venue in our diminutive town next Saturday. And yes, we have tickets. We feel autumn's chill and complain, but autumn is my soul's home and my 50th year on this planet is approaching its end and all I can be is grateful grateful very grateful for 50. I am helped in so many ways by my fellow travellers, and lurch back and forth in my growing, but grow I do.
4 comments:
There's a kind of apprehensiveness at the end of August, even though we know we welcome autumn.
I really like the map worn out at the creases.
Chill in the air creates these feeling of slight melancholy. Keep smiling - 70 is better than 50!
50 is ok - and 59 also :) - happy to hear from Relatively Retiring that 70 is even better. I was hoping as much. Happy birthday, for whenever that is.
Yes I am happy to hear that too RR. It's not for a couple of months yet Signs. Savouring the end of my 40s!
Post a Comment