Sunday, 1 September 2013

First

I have just lit the woodburner for the first time of the season. I don't seem to have lost my touch.

Radio 6 music for company. Goldfrapp choosing lovely records - currently Ashes to Ashes by David Bowie. One of those tracks that makes you think you never need to hear anything else again ever.

Outside wind.

I am alone and cooking a chicken breast that I felt might be slightly past its sell by date, but have decided (guided by the nose) that it's ok. Marinaded in lemon juice, olive oil, chillie and garlic from the allotment. Cooking Charlotte potatoes also from the plot, chard and broad beans ditto. Considering pudding. Oral comforts for me. And the fire.

Can't get my brother to communicate about his latest experience, taking my Mum to visit the care home we like. I know he'll reappear but hard to wait at this crucial stage.

Drinking my mother's White Burgundy. Cheers, Mum.

2 comments:

Reading the Signs said...

I can smell a touch of autumn in your post. Warmth and something else. I hope you enjoyed your Mum's White Burgundy x

Lucy said...

Funny how some familiar music does that.

September's just about OK for the first fire. Hope the care home thing works out.