A wild night, rain rattling at the windows, wind roaring down the chimney. L has a pretty blue pot (that's cast to the non-Northerners/ non-English amongst you) on her left foot with an attractive plastic shoe so she can walk on it! We were misinformed by the internet (no!!) that they don't put casts on broken toes! It'll be on for 4-6 weeks, so probably won't be off in time for her 60th birthday :-( At least it doesn't hurt a lot. Ibuprofen consumption minimal...
It seems to be hard to get anything much done around here. I have apparently gone into vicarious R&R mode. Our friend C comes up to visit from London tomorrow, then I'm away down South to my Mum's at the weekend, so there won't be a lot of posting til next week.
2 comments:
I was going to say that I hope L gets well soon, but of course that's redundant since you've been given a time-frame for "wellness". I hope, instead, that life in a pot isn't too tiresome. Presumably you have to use tipex to decorate it :-)
Ouch - but glad that L's recovery is only marginally reliant on Ibuprofen!
Post a Comment