Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Night

I haven't been sleeping brilliantly for weeks, so I'm resorting to Kalms Night, which announce on their box:

Traditional herbal medicinal product used for the temporary relief of sleep disturbances.
Based on traditional use only

Whatever that means. It's valerian in fact, though there's nothing traditional about an oval tablet in a blister pack. I took one last night and it did nothing detectable at all, so I've taken two tonight and shall very soon be in bed, and let us hope drifting off to sleep.

Night.

2 comments:

Jean said...

It's probably a minuscule dose per tablet, since Valerian is a strong herb and the new EU regulations inspire such paranoia in manufacturers (also why they have this opaque 'traditional use' message). Hope it worked. Might be worth having one appointment with a medical herbalist, or even just talking to the staff at Neals Yard Remedies, who are usually herbalists in training (I think there's one in Leeds?).

Fire Bird said...

Thanks Jean. Didn't work. I think I need to see herbalist if I can scrape the money together. It's all peri-menopausal stuff.