In the school calm prevails today, and young people in green sit in rows and learn. I meet the chaplain and the assistant principal, and the woman whose shoulder the kids cry on when they have a headache or a heartache. On the wall a display of work - they have been learning about Hundertwasser. I walk optimistically along the polished corridor to look at the little room where I shall work, my visitor tag round my neck, and it feels like old times, feels like new times.
5 comments:
Does it feel like "home"?
Congratulations for making it through your first day as I am sure it was very stressful (in both good and not so good) ways!
It will be a while before I actually start there, but the meeting went well, and I think things look fairly promising.
'Home'? Anything but!
Sounds like a very good way to start the new year. May it continue to bring you good things, dear Fire Bird. I hope you'll keep writing lots on your blog, as it is just wonderful to read your thoughts and journaling and poetry and vivid evocations of place and experience so regularly.
Green uniforms eh?
Post a Comment