Tuesday, 8 March 2011
Devastating
Life is gathering momentum, and I have what feels to me like a very busy week! Census training on Monday (plenty of little role plays to keep the boredom at bay), supervision in a dazzlingly sunny Manchester today, where a woman with immensely long semi-dreadlocked hair accosted me in the street with the irresistable greeting hey there, devastatingly attractive woman, and proceeded to explain that she was sleeping rough and needed £6 for some journey, and I placed not £1 but £2 in her grimy hand, for which she thanked me profusely as she walked towards the door of the pub... Tomorrow it's back to the school, then Thursday I have an interview for the work at Leeds University (half a day a week) teaching medical students how to listen, be part of a team, manage change, negotiate and stuff! Friday the car goes to the garage for its MOT and service which doesn't involve me being exactly busy, just getting it down to town by about 8.30!! L is away in London til Friday, so I have some unaccustomed solitude, which so far feels ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I often find there's a perverse satisfaction in allowing oneself to be taken in on a whim and charmed by someone's flattery or other strategy for getting money out of you - I sometimes give money to beggars with nice dogs in rather the same spirit - I know it's a ploy but I don't care, I'm exercising my right to do what I want with my money!
And of course you are a devastatingly attractive woman...
Post a Comment