It seems to be taking about all I've got to keep my own little ship steady doing five different jobs. Well, two jobs, two schools where I freelance, and a little private practice. But still, five settings, five projects. Five changes of direction every week. (Though not next week as it's half term - hurrah!) It will all, of course, be fine, the train journey giving some gentle transition time, and my Ma taking me out to dinner when I get there, and unlikely really to make massive demands. And I am very glad to be seeing A for the first time since he came out of hospital, to see for myself how he's doing. I know he's having a hard time, but all in all I think he's handling it very well, considering the summer he had. Living independently and studying - things it was hard to imagine him doing only a few weeks ago... And my trip ends with a precious evening in London with dear old friend K, which will be a treat and a chance to debrief as well as catch up.
All is well. But setting out on this journey is inevitably evoking memories of the many anxious and upsetting trips I made through the summer, and being in Canterbury again is bound to bring it all back. Hopefully seeing A so much better will replace them with better ones.
3 comments:
I do hope that your visit will prove positive on all fronts.
I'm sure you really will feel better when it's done, anticipation is so often the worst of things. Hope it goes well, and that the multi-jobbing settles down into a more comfortable pattern.
It sounds as though your cup is so full it is overflowing and leaving little for your soul...do you have any holiday upcoming?
Post a Comment