As I write, a car with three brightly-coloured canoes on its roof rack, red, orange and blue, is parking in the little car park beyond our garden and our lane. Rain is falling like it never means to stop, so it may yet be that the canoes are needed. We don't like this weather round here after the summer we had, and I have the environment agency website open to check for flood alerts, none as yet. Well, on our river yes, but not in our part of the valley.
In between now. Two weeks' holiday, slightly more, before I start the new job. And oh, I do need it. Tired. Yesterday I left my job with the HIV charity and shared Christmas lunch with my colleagues and Secret Santa (oh no not another scented candle), the whole bit. And a very kind farewell gift of a voucher for a wonderful jewellery shop in town, only recently reopened after the floods in June and July. I shall have a lovely time choosing something which will remind me of this time of transition (turquoise?)
Enjoying home right now more than I can quite express. It feels like a kind of heaven to me. The twinkling Christmas tree lights, the glow of lamp light, the wood burner, good food and drink, being quietly with L, reading, listening to music. There are even a few presents under the tree though I am not sure how they got there...
4 comments:
Our river has already flooded the banks and the barriers and protective shutters are up everywhere. We know it will rise even more over the weekend.
Wishing you a dry, warm and pleasant time, getting ready for the new year and the new job.
Happy Christmas, Fire Bird. We have the twinkling lights here too :) x
Happiest of Yuletides to you and yours from Long Island!
Father Christmas put them there of course.
Happiest to you both!
Post a Comment