Listen well but not hard
Open windows
Close doors
Always make the bed
Don't give up
When you give up forgive yourself and start again
Drink water alongside the wine
Talk
Ask for what you want
Write anything
Witness
Floss
No-one else has any idea how to be you
Never ever put yourself down
The future is unwritten
Walk
Get up high for a long view
Baths are essential
Don't cheat
Remember birthdays and anniversaries
Do Feldenkrais to stay sane and pain free
See the sea regularly
Never underestimate people
Don't assume tomorrow will be like today
A little of what you fancy does you good
There are no rules
Don't believe the depressive thoughts
If enough is not enough more can never be better
Eat well
Sleep well and when you don't trust that it will be ok
Happiness is a bonus but hope to stay interested
Lots of effort - no straining
You've survived this before
Definitely don't drink too much
The thing you dread has already happened
Revenge only works in fantasy
Get out of the house
Get out the pen and notebook and write
Trust yourself
Be prepared to learn the same thing over and over again
Remember the past
Forget the past
Try to find out what it means to open your heart
Open your heart
That weird idea you had is important
That weird dream you had is important
This weird life you're having is important
You will always think of one more thing...
9 comments:
Wonderful words. Powerful poem. Thank you!
Happy Birthday TG?
Lists are good.
Fabulous list! and happy birthday!? (I remember hhb's birthday list.)
And finally, stick to all of these directives! Inspiring. Happy Birthday - and wishes for peace and plenty for the year between this one and the next.
just limbering up for the birthday - not for a couple of weeks yet! but thought it'd be a good opportunity for a suitable number of reflections on life a la herhimnbryn!
Oh every time I see one of these I think it's the best I've seen yet! I love this, and especially the way it builds up to the last six or so, which really made me smile out loud!
I'm jotting mine down and hoping by December I'll have 49 of them, but I don't know that I'll have anything to add to what others have done already. Have you seen The Polish Chick's one from a week or so ago? She picked it up from Zhoen, and she's good on flossing too! Check her out on my blogroll. I love memes like this that people pick up voluntarily and spontaneiously, HHB's really good at this kind of thing...
Okay, what the hell is Feldenkrais? To Google I go...
Excellent list, except that the thing I dread is being old and sick and alone. Which definitely has not happened. Yet.
Oh, I like - feel I've taken in something good and satisfying. As someone who never makes the bed, I'm wondering if I should give this some thought.
Signs - I got the bed-making thing from a book of poetry written by a woman with cancer, and it never left me. a small, easy morale-booster every morning...
Post a Comment